Thursday, February 7, 2013

two black cats in a parking lot, 2nd street, c. 2010.


She's telling me with the utmost sincerity
that she's never actually  been fucked

and I’m thinking of all the ways I’ve been
more than horizontal or posed for optimal
depth (I’m talkin' tenderized by 18
road torn wheels) so

I get stupid and tell her
the finer details of a rumored
affair she'd already accepted as fact,
entertained how he'd fuck her
(ah, the gentle beast, salivating in rations,
no brands of his conquerings
I had once dressed to spare the animal
his freedom--),

when two black cats distract;
they seek no shelter, they don’t meow.
They’re just standing there
as I wet the tongue of her
curiosity.

I dug in back pockets
for any applicable metaphors
but the cats were just cats
as the night was just as any other
and I still haven't learned

how to keep my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment