up to your floor, the light's burnt out.
It flickers off and on inside elevator.
Headin up to your floor,
I'm not so burnt out now
Thought I was doing better
Doing better than before.
But the radio's playin from the other side of your door.
I know someones staying over,
so myself Im tripping over,
running toward the elevator.
Can't bear to hear no more.
Stuff my hands in my pocket and walk around the park.
I ask a man a question, said, "when'd you get to knowin it all?"
He said, "I dont know much of nothing, but I know it means something if it's worth giving up it all"
Thought I was doing better
Doing better than before.
But your radio's playin, I cant hear it anymore.
I got someone staying over
Someone I'm not tripping over,
waiting for the operator to get you, get you, get you --
On the line
On the line
On the line, why do you hang up on me? You got our wires crossed.
On the line
So don't tell me who's been stayin over
We could start this record over
'cause I wanna be the who's one stayin over.
C'mon, turn that record over.
Spinning slowly,
this song will get you get you get you
On the line
On the line
On the line, why do you hang up on me, you got our wires crossed
On the line
No comments:
Post a Comment